GEMSIS Elite regional workshops
Target Audience: All EMS Licensed Agencies in Georgia; Directors and Data Managers, EMS Initial Education Program Directors
Description: This workshop is for all licensed EMS agencies, whether you use GEMSIS Elite as your PCR platform or you import into GEMSIS Elite and EMS Initial Education Program Directors
This workshop is to join together to understand and improve our EMS data collection within Georgia’s EMS system.
We will review:
- NEMSIS and GEMSIS, Data Dictionaries, resources available
- The differences between NEMSIS and GEMSIS and how they interface.
- EMS Data; What is the difference between accurate and valid data? Why is accurate, valid, timely data important. How is the ems data useful at the local, regional, state and national level.
- GEMSIS Elite usability for the service that uses GEMSIS for their PCR platform and for the agencies that import
- GEMSIS Elite Report Writer and capabilities for all services
- CARES data the next development
- GEMSIS/NEMSIS future version
All participants should bring a laptop and have a functioning username/password (access) to GEMSIS Elite for your agency prior to the workshop.
These are the dates for each Region:
- Region 1 - October 2 Clarence Brown Conference Center, Cartersville, Ga
- Region 2 - October 16 Ruby Fulbright Aquatic Center, Clarksville, GA
- Region 3 - November 1 Location TBA
- Region 4 - October 3 Coweta County Fairground, Newnan, GA
- Region 5 - November 2 GPSTC, Forsyth, GA
- Region 6 - August 28 Augusta Marriott Riverfront, Augusta, GA
- Region 7 - September 12 Piedmont Columbus Regional Midtown Hospital. Columbus, GA
- Region 8 - September 13 Tift Regional Community Events Center, Tifton, GA
- Region 9 - August 29 Coastal Pines Technical College, Jesup, GA
- Region 10 - October 17 Location TBA
All classes times 10:00 am - 3:00 pm with lunch provided. Cost is free.
Watch for more details on final locations.
This Program is made possible by State of Georgia funding provided through the Georgia Trauma Care Network Commission.
Questions concerning this Grant should be directed to Cathy M. White, Program Coordinator or Kim Littleton, Executive Director.